From a technical point of view, we expect certified professional surveying training.
- That could be a course of study as a surveying engineer (Master, Bachelor).
- It could be a course of study in which surveying is part of the training. Ideally, you have chosen “surveying” as your specialization.
- This can be a technical college education with reference to surveying or
- a training course as a surveying technician.
- This can also be a degree from a polytechnical college for mechanical engineering, building construction or civil engineering.
With regard to your professional experience we would like you to have already worked as a surveyor. If not, that’s also okay. The quickest way to start working on your own responsibility at the customer’s site is if you have three years of professional experience.
In mechanical engineering, you need a solid technical understanding and basic knowledge in order to understand the customer’s tasks.
WHAT ELSE WE EXPECT FROM OUR SURVEYORS
We expect you to be able to communicate well with the fitters at the customer’s site, because our customers are spread all over the globe and we always measure at the customer onsite. This could be an industrial hall in Texas or in beautiful Ravensburg near Lake Constance. For an assignment in America you need a good command of English, otherwise you cannot talk to the project manager or the fitters. For surveying in Germany you must speak German well.
Of course, the measurement reports should also be transmitted in German and English without errors.
Furthermore, we expect that you have a good command of MS Office with Word and Excel, can work with CAD and become familiar with our measuring software.
A good surveyor has the following characteristics for us:
- works independently and in a team and is willing and able to work very carefully and without errors,
- quickly identifies which problems the fitters or the project manager of the customer wants to solve and can express himself clearly and comprehensibly,
- understands the relationship between cause and effect,
- can quickly adapt to different situations, both with regard to the measuring process and with regard to local conditions or contact persons,
- has a very good spatial perception, observes closely and hears well even in a noisy environment,
- can think abstractly-logically and apply simple mathematical formulas,
- is skilled in handling and assembling devices,
- is free from vertigo and physically resilient,
- can adapt to changed requirements or circumstances (locally or at the customer),
- is ready to change a location within 2 days if necessary,
- conscientiously plans and organizes every field service assignment.
It is important for us that you have a strong personal interest in working precisely and have the flexibility that our customers expect from us.
In addition, surveyors working with us need:
- a valid passport,
- the possibility of obtaining a work visa for the country of assignment,
- a valid driving license, depending on the country of use, a valid international driving license.