Do you like to get around a lot and are you as interested in tool making in the automotive industry as you are in particle accelerators in medical technology? Can you adapt to different situations quickly and do you like working with completely different ranges of accuracy than with classical land surveying? Then we have a job offer for you.
We are specialists in industrial surveying and work for industrial companies worldwide. We measure objects and surfaces with an accuracy of up to +/- 0.005 mm/m using laser tracking, laser scanning and high-precision measuring arms. For the soonest possible starting date, we are looking to hire:
Surveying technician (m/f) for industrial plants in field service
- After a training phase, you measure objects of different sizes and properties with the laser tracker, measuring arm and 3D scanner.
- You work in different industrial sectors at different customer locations, e.g. in Europe and the USA.
- and carry out the calibration of robots, adjustment of grippers or a 3D complete measurement of components and entire car bodies in the automotive industry, for example;
- measure particle accelerators in medical technology or research;
- mark out bearing points in hydropower plants and carry out 3D measurements for impeller, rotor and turbine blades during assembly and as part of quality assurance.
- You perform measurements with our high-precision laser scanners and measuring arms and record the 3D coordinates with an accuracy of up to +/- 0.005 mm/m.
- You transfer the measurement data into the measurement software, create CAD plans and promptly hand over the measurement data report or, in the case of a damage analysis, the comparison of results in CAD, to the customer.
- You discuss the order details on site with the fitters and design the measuring process together with colleagues or on your own responsibility. For new measuring objects, you obtain the technical information in advance to ensure an efficient measurement process for the customer.
- You have completed a technical vocational training (technical school or apprenticeship as a surveying technician or comparable training).
- Work experience is welcome but not required. Ideally, you have 1 – 3 years of relevant professional experience or have completed surveying internships.
- You have good technical comprehension.
- You enjoy solving complex tasks and can quickly adapt to different situations.
- You have good spatial perception, can observe closely and hear well even in a noisy environment.
- You can think abstractly-logically and apply simple mathematical formulas.
- You are committed, motivated and able to work precisely and flawlessly.
- You are free from vertigo and physically resilient.
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- You can communicate with the customer’s fitters in English and German.
- You have a valid driving license; ideally you already have an international driving license.
- You are flexible and willing to change a location within 2 days if necessary.
What we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to apply and to extend your expertise in the field of industrial surveying (automotive, aircraft and shipbuilding, particle accelerators, turbines, structural and civil engineering, etc.) in Europe, Asia, Africa and the USA and to work with mobile high-tech measuring devices such as the Leica AT 901-LR or the Surphaser-100HSX-3D laser scanner.
The variety of objects to be measured allows you to develop your expertise step by step. You will have the opportunity to look behind the scenes of production processes, assembly and quality assurance measures and get to know the world and different cultures.
Our work is varied and challenging, our jobs are future-proof and our decision-making processes short. You work at the customer’s site for 95% of the time and spend only 5% at the company’s location in Telfs.
Your workplace can be in a production hall, inside a power plant, outdoors or in an aircraft hangar. Approximately one third of the surveying work is done in a customer’s office or meeting room.
Your initial salary in the first six months depends on the collective agreement and, depending on your professional experience, is between Euro 1,500 and Euro 2,000 net per month (14 times per year). In addition, depending on the location and duration of the assignment, there are various allowances of at least Euro 1,000.00 in travel expenses compensation.
We look forward to your application!